In addition to our guidance around protecting your mobile devices, the following are tips specific to Android devices:
- Enable the lock feature, which requires a new password after a set period of time. We recommend no longer than 5 minutes.
- Create a strong password that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.
- Turn off the Visible Passwords feature to keep your password from displaying on the screen so others can't easily learn your password.
- Turn off "use secure credentials" which automatically allows applications to access secure certificates and credentials.
- Turn off wi-fi when you don’t need it to ensure you don't inadvertently connect to an unprotected public wireless network.
- As with web applications, create separate accounts and passwords for each app on your phone. Avoid using a social app, like Twitter, as the login for other applications.
- For more information about how to protect your Android, visit the Android security page.
Additional Resources on Mobile Security::